5 Furnace Maintenance Tips to Help Keep Your System Running Strong
Did you know that many of the most common furnace problems can be avoided by performing proper maintenance on your system? The right knowledge and a little bit of effort can go a long way in keeping your furnace running efficiently and avoiding future breakdowns.
Today we’re going to offer 5 furnace maintenance tips that will help keep your heating system running great all season long!
7 furnace maintenance for winter in San Diego
1. Get a professional tune-up. By far, the best thing you can do to ensure that your furnace performs to the best of its ability is to schedule a professional tune-up every year. During a tune-up, our technicians will inspect your furnace for any operational problems and perform a number of maintenance tasks (like cleaning your system) that will help avoid future breakdowns, improve efficiency levels and make sure that your system is running safely.
2. Keep your air filter clean. You’d be surprised at the number of furnace breakdowns we encounter that could have been prevented if the homeowner would have changed his or her air filter. A dirty filter will cause all sorts of performance and efficiency problems, and you can avoid them by simply checking and/or changing your filter once per month.
3. Test your CO detectors. CO detectors will warn you if your furnace develops a carbon monoxide leak, which could potentially be life-threatening to the people in your home. Make sure that your CO detectors are working and that they have a fresh set of batteries during the heating season.
4. Allow your air registers to breathe. If any of your air registers are closed or blocked off by furniture, your furnace will have a hard time heating your home evenly and effectively. Make sure that all of your floor registers are open and free of obstructions.
5. Check the pilot light in older furnaces. If you have an older furnace with a pilot light, check to ensure that the flame is burning bright blue. If it’s a different color, it is likely burning inefficiently and you should contact Pure Air SD so we can investigate the problem.
If you have any questions about these furnace maintenance tips, or if you’d like a heating system serviced or installed in your home, contact Pure Air SD, your San Diego duct and furn
ce cleaning company